Packing for University
Packing for university can be a daunting task, so we’ve put this list together with things that you should remember, along with some handy tips to help you get ready for your big move.
Tip #1 – Make a list of things that you use
Start making a list a few weeks before. You’re more likely to remember everything doing this, rather than trying to remember while out shopping. It’s a good idea to tick items off your list as you’ve bought and packed them too, so you don’t double up.
Tip #2 – Know how much space you’ll have in your accommodation
What storage space do you have in your new studio? At Nurtur, all our rooms have a large wardrobe and under-bed storage. You can always buy the odd thing once you’ve moved in. Our buildings are all located within walking distance of a supermarket, and if you are traveling here from another country it might be cheaper than bringing everything with you.
Our recommended packing list:
The important stuff:
- Paperwork/documents – e.g. for accommodation, university, and student finance
For your bedroom:
- Bedding – Duvet, pillows, bedding sets, mattress protector
- Blankets/throws – make it homely!
- Decorations – photo frames and ornaments
- Plants – a brilliant way to promote wellbeing and keep your room looking fresh. If you’re not very green fingered, why not try a low maintenance succulent or even a faux plant?
- Posters and pins for your notice board
- Coat hangers
- Desk lamp
- Laundry basket
Electricals and things for uni:
- Charging cables
- Extension lead
- Hair dryer, straighteners, curlers
- Memory stick
- Notepad & stationery
- Post-it notes
For your bathroom:
- Shower gel
- Hand soap
- Toilet bleach
- Toilet roll
- Toothbrush & toothpaste (surprisingly easy to forget)
- Towels and bathmat
Things for your kitchen:
- Tupperware – Great for leftovers and saving money!
- Bottle/ can opener
- Chopping board
- Measuring jug
- Washing up liquid/sponges (Dishmatics are very handy)
- Tea towels
- Oven Gloves
- Bin bags
- Tin foil/cling film
- Cleaning products
- Recipe books
- Tea & coffee
- Milk (consider long-life)
- Cooking oil
- Chopped tomatoes – versatile for many different dishes!
- Sauces – Ketchup, mayonnaise, soy…
Don’t forget -if you’d rather not deal with the hassle of packing for uni, you can let UniKitOut do it all for you from just £43.20. Find out more about Nurtur kits here.
Written by The Nurtur Team