What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data when you submit a contact form:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address and phone number)
- The IP address of the device you have used to submit your contact form
If you book a room with us, we also must collect all the data we need to create your account and to complete your Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, including personal, such as address details, and non-personal identification data, such as your course and year of study. Should you choose an instalment plan, we also collect personally identifiable information of your guarantor.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Nurtur with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete a contact form enquiry.
- Request a show flat appointment.
- Book a studio, or make an enquiry about a studio.
- Use or view our website, via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- University accommodation offices
- Letting agents
How will we use your data?
Nurtur collects your data so that we can:
- Respond to your enquiries about our properties and services
- Email you with updates on booking dates.
- Create Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements and deposit fund records
- Alert you via email and text message of parcel deliveries we have for you
- Alert you via email and text message with event notifications, maintenance updates, and any other notifications we need to send to you regarding your tenancy or the property you are living in.
When Nurtur processes your booking request, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Nurtur securely stores your data within our online booking management system, and on secure devices within each property. Only authorised members of staff will have access to your data.
Our Company will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year after the end of your final tenancy with us. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data from our online system and from all devices within each property.
Nurtur will not sell or give your data to any other company for the purposed of marketing, however we will contact you from time to time with information regarding events that are happening within your property, or with updates regarding special offers, for example early bird prices for rebooking your studio. You have the option to opt out of this marketing at any stage, however there are certain updates we will be required to send you, for example communications regarding the status of your tenancy, or security issues within a property.
What are your data protection rights?
Nurtur would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Nurtur for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Nurtur correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Nurtur to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Nurtur erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Nurtur restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Nurtur’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Nurtur transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at:
Or write to us:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Remembering your website preferences
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Nurtur uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at:
Or write to us at:
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Nurtur has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.